For the love of nature

Friday, February 13, 2009 | |

It's been so nice lately, so today I decided to take the boys to the lakeyard to feed the ducks. There's a first time for everything right? Well, today was my first time to have a duck "go" on my head. It felt just like a warm rain drop--although I knew it wasen't about to rain, and when it happened I instinctly put my hand up there to "see" what it was (even though I knew, just didn't want to realize it!) and there was yucky brown-slimy stuff. It was so nasty.
I really didn't have any time to get disgusted about it then, wiping it out the best I could with a babywipe...I had to keep on playing with our 2.5yr & 11mth old. They had a blast, thankfully, not afraid of the ducks :) Isaac got sniped at by one while feeding it, they are super friendly.

Sorry for the pic. overload, we had a fun time!

85mm

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

14 comments:

CindyTykie said...

You got some great shots! Sorry about the duck poo...ewwww

Suzy said...

ewwwww sorry about getting pooped on. but love your pix!

Anonymous said...

I think those ducks are lovely! I love the one of the baby sitting down in black and white.

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Fun photos. Eww about the poo!

Becky Anderson said...

Thanks for the story, I have to say I have never had that happen, and hope to never have it happen :) You got some great pictures. Looks like your boys had a lot of fun too.

Jess said...

Wow, amazing shots! And sorry to hear about the duck poo- how disgusting! I couldn't help but giggle just a little bit though reading your story... ;)

Amanda Suanne said...

yes eww about the poo. you are so brave getting close to those ducks!!

--sme said...

What interesting looking birds!

Lauren Hartman said...

Ew, ew, and EW! Glad you had fun just the same and got some great pictures to boot.

Steph said...

Great shots they are so crisp.

Jodie said...

these are great phots. sorry about your first time experience I have to 2nd and third etc everybody with eewwww!

Reds said...

Beautiful captures!

Meaghan said...

Looks like fun! My kids love feedning the ducks. Great captures.

Cindi Koceich said...

Great shots!! That first one is expecially cool!