Happy one year to Jacob!!!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 | |

Today Jacob turned one year! This morning at 8:59 to be exact, this time last year I was enjoying my baby moon...he was 2hrs old. Time goes by so fast!! I'll share the good news first, which he is doing great. We are so so blessed to have 3 healthy boys. He's cruising around on furniture and going to take off any day now. Babbles up a storm and says a handful of words, is a terrific sleeper and eater. Just another blessing from God added to our batch :)
The bad news: He had gotten an abscess on his bottom, and our ped. who usually is wonderful and I have been very pleased with her up until recently...well, she kind of blew it off. It kept getting bigger, and harder. So last night when Mark's brother got here to watch our boys Mark and I took him to the ER. They said it's a form of MRSA and they had to go in a cut it and drain it. Mark said he did really well and only cried when they had to numb it all around, after that he couldn't feel anything. I dressed it today and it's looking good. I know though he does not make for a fun birthday :( And no he never really goes anywhere, not daycare, just to the church nursery. They said it's so contagious he could have gotten it from a shopping cart or something...so just a reminder, remember to wash those kids hands :)
I'm going to bake him a cake later and we'll have him alittle party. We love you Jacob, happy one year little man! :)

This is a post for his one year, so I'll just briefly say that we have had alot of other things going on. If anyone was wondering, I checked into the ER myself last night for a UTI/dehydration and I thought more problems but those were the biggest (Praise God). So while Jacob was in the next room with Mark, I was getting what I needed in the other. (Lol) I'm trying to rest per doctors orders but it's not easy. Please lift us up in your prayers when you get the time.

Happy Wednesday everyone

2 comments:

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!

I hope everyone feels better soon!

Amy B. said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!! I can't believe how fast that year went. Hope you and Jacob feel better soon.