Out with the woolies...In comes a new lens

Thursday, February 5, 2009 | |

For anyone who cloth diapers, *maybe* you can understand the wool obsession that comes with it. They make the cutest covers, instead of using the PUL material, and they can be used as pants too that match just about everything. Not to mention, there very easy to deal with as for washing and such. Well, I feel in love with them anyhow ;) Knitting to me is beautiful. For now, knit soakers and PUL we'll have.
I recently bought myself a new lens, the 85mm 1/4, and *heart* it dearly. I didn't think you could make such a difference in photos by the lens, but clearly you can. And so, I got to thinking. Knit longies for Jacob..VS..another lens.
You know where this is going?! I sold my only 3 pair of beautiful knits to half way fund a 50mm 1/4. I *dreaded* mailing them out to get love from another baby, but at least they will be loved. Like anyone gets attached to things they are passionate about, I'm attached to my CD's and was the wool *sigh* (as silly as that sounds ;))

I showed Mark which one I was going to get, I get paid today and was going to buy it tonight, well..my sweet husband went ahead and got it for me last night after I had went to bed...so sweet! It will be here tommorrow, yay!

And a photo for today, Isaac..our sweet 2.5yr old! CC welcomed ;)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Brayden busted his lip at school on the slide, poor thing!
Photobucket

Happy Thursday! It's BSRB stocking day...w00t!
XO, Shauna

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love this lens and use it almost exclusively. Its definitely a fav and it looks like you have lucked out with a very sharp copy.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I have the 85 too and I am looking to order the 50 1.4. Its sold out at B&H. Where did you order?

Shauna said...

Stephanie--Amazon.com Great discounts there, 1 day shipping for only $5 total!

Reds said...

wow - that is one sharp lens! Great shots - cute hat - and poor kid with the busted lip! ;)

Jess said...

I know what you mean about getting attached to little things! Congrats on the new lens though- your photos are stunningly crisp! And what CUTE subjects!

Sharon said...

Very nice! I love that hat.

Unknown said...

Gotta love new lenses. Great photos. TFS!

Diana said...

im sorry about his busted lip. I have got to tell you that i love the sharpness of all the photos and great conversions

Anonymous said...

Great hat, and wonderful eyes in your photos!

Meaghan said...

Great shots! They have amazing eyes!

Steph said...

Good looking kids!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

What beautiful colors and great catchlights in his eyes. Poor little guy, hope it stops hurting soon.

Suzy said...

Very sharp captures! They look fantastic!

Linnao said...

How cute, looove the colors in the 1st pic!

Mary Ann said...

Owies! That hat is priceless!

Shanna Jones said...

Awesome pics. I hate it when people get new lenses...it makes me think I need new ones too...LOL

Becky said...

What a great way to fund a new purchase. Enjoy!

Amy said...

Beautiful shots, I just love the first one! Your focus is amazing and the bright colors are so vibrant and fun! I hope your ds' lip is feeling better soon. :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos, love what that lens can do. Love the bright colors of the hat in the 1st photo.