family vacation

Saturday, April 18, 2009 | |

We had a much needed, super nice vacation over our spring break this past week. We stayed in Orlando in a 2 bedroom condo that was just the best most comfortable ever! I sure did not want to leave, and when I did SO wanted to pack that bed into our truck :)
We got there Sunday night and got up Monday morning ready for Epcot. They have a really neat way of showcasing all of the different countries--the best ride was Soarin which I got to do too (yea!) You *soar* around all these different landscapes, it's really beautiful! It was really alot of fun--our boys had a blast doing everything.
There was so much to do around the condo, and since we didn't all want to get wore out fast we stayed around there on Tues. & Thurs. We grilled out, took the boys swimming and playing at the gigantic park. I had a great time just laying in bed and watching tv, Lol and since our granny came with us, I got to do that!

Wed. we went to Magic Kindgom--which is the greatest for the fantasy and seeing all of the characters....we got to see alot for just a second as they were walking threw. But the lines to meet and greet them were so long that we decided not to do that this year. They had the best parades and fireworks show there--the park didn't close until 1am and we had to ride a ferry boat back to the car ports. Let me just say by the end of that early morning everyone was super super tired. But at the same time it was super fun :) There was this one ride called splash mountain, where your on a log and at one point you drop down kind of deep and Isaac was *just* on the line to ride it and he wanted too so we let him. Well, let me tell you that was his thing for the rest of the trip. He still can't stop talking about splash mountain and how he wants to ride it again...we bought the picture from the park where there going down and the look on his face is PRICELESS!!

Friday morning we had to check out, and I wasen't ready to! After getting everything loaded we went to Animal Kingdom and unfortunately we got there alittle late. They closed at 7 and so we didn't get to do everything. We did get to go on a fun safari ride threw there "jungle" and got to see some beautiful animals. They just don't stop long enough to take a picture at all! The boys loved the bumpiness of it, and riding on that big safari truck. They had super neat shows there--and all of the parks were just really awesome. We got to see some other animals and watch a few shows.

Since they closed early, it has been kind of a tradition to get the boys a face animation drawing when we go to disney. We have one of Brayden and Isaac and that was my only mission this time to get one of Jacob. Well, we kept putting it off. And everytime I went to take him something would come up. The last time I saw one of the stands we was going to eat and I said to Mark just let me take him now...when we get out they will be closing. And he told me to wait. So, yea, after we finished eating we went straight over there and I asked to sign up. When he told me there list was full my heart sank (seriously, I was so upset!) Lol! My pregnant emotions got the best of me and I had to find a bathroom to go cry in. I had to sit in the stall for a few minutes to regain my compuure and come to grips that it wasen't going to happen that trip. It was depressing!

So besides that we had a great time & I just had to blog and share! The boys had great attitudes, we did have a few meltdowns. And one accident. Brayden was chasing Isaac threw the condo and he fell on the egde of a table right above his cheek bone but under his eye. It really hit in a good spot b/c otherwise he could have hurt either or. It's still swollen and bruised but nothing like it was. Isaac is our accident prone kid thats for sure! They rode in the car well, and it was all in all very nice :)

And I'm *pretty* sure but can't *for sure* tell that I've been feeling some baby flutters!! I'm really ready to meet our baby already! We'll find out in 3wks if it's another boy or a girl, I can't wait. I got lucky and didn't get sick once, I felt nauseaus some but it was mostly b/c I was getting hungry. I really forgot about being pregnant b/c there was so much other stuff to think about.

Here is us at magic kingdom:
Photobucket

And a couple cute ones of the boys:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Amy B. said...

Sounds like an amazing vacation! Cute photos of the boys. Glad you felt well.
Ok so lately I've been thinking you're going to have a girl and I have a shirt for her just waiting!
Oh yeah, Isaac and splash mountain made me laugh. I would be so nervous to let Blake do that but I'm sure he would love it!

Shauna said...

I don't know..maybe we'll get usage out of your shirt :) I really have no gut feelings and have had no dreams! Blake and Isaac riding together would have been so hilarious, I would pay for that picture!

Karla said...

Sounds like a fantastic trip!!! I can't wait to bring Devin to Disney someday (maybe next year...) You look fabulous Shauna. I am glad that you are feeling better. :)

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Aww, sounds like you guys had so much fun!! I'm so happy for you.. and a lil jealous. haha!